8 May 2008

The Book Business... [ :) ]

Clarification: When I wrote the entry yesterday... it was early morning. Blogging was the first thing I did. I must have been really numb and in a melancholic mood in the morning cold. Later in the afternoon, when I read the post again, I thought of rescuing it from it's emotionless/numb feel.. and I sounded too old too - hence I withdrew it for maintenance. Well, it's morning again and I am in the same mood as yesterday... and everything looks again perfect even without repairing... then why not just publish it again? ;)

As usual, I decided on book(s) as the present. It was the red girl's birthday and God of small things was the chosen book. I shall come back to the book business in a moment.

Experience - that's what prepares us. Every minute thing - let it be the lonely chess player in the largest beer house in the world... or may be the little children playing outside my house. Everything gets registered in your heart - yes I did use the word heart instead of mind/brain.

Sometimes some of it just invokes some feelings... which you haven't had in many years. You yourself might not have imagined that such feelings still do exist in your heart.

And changes - the only constant thing. The thing which brings different experiences and in turn making the life itself a wonderful thing.

Yes, lot of changes happened in the past 60 days of my life and had wonderful experiences too.

A few are: I spoke with an auto-driver in Bangalore, who now regrets about his too-early marriage... who shared his thoughts with me.. and I paid him Rs. 40/- extra (don't ask me why). I went to a restaurant with only 10 self-service tables, but 11 waiters. I spoke with the drunk construction worker from Austria(Vienna) in German. I read things, I saw things... and went through some relationship issues too. ;)

Slum MumbaiI always used to think that some friends of mine are terrific mind-readers and observers. Used to think that I am bad at it. Lately, I realize that one of the important things I failed to observe was that I am sometimes even a better observer. Just that I don't(didn't) care enough to show/notice it.

Similarly, I just never cared enough to think what others think - never thought that it was worth it. But I think, I am good there too - as a mind reader.

But my opinion on others' thoughts still stays there - I don't bother about others' thought. I have better things to do than reading minds. {It could be done just for fun though}

This was one of the revelations I had in the past two months. Simply wonderful. :)

I realized another thing - that I am slowly, gradually losing the ability to get tensed/worried. (Well, Vimal might disagree with this though. Sorry dude... I have to tell you that I am right here).

Well, now back to business. So, I went to the bookstall and picked an extra book too - "Shantharam". It's a wonderful book. The conversations are sometimes indeed very deep, strong and intense. Or is it just I who find it that way? The experiences... of Linbhai .. that's the trigger for this post.

Do read that book .. when you have time or make some time for it.

Signing off, Sands.

 

~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what happened to the post last day. :)

I liked the experiences (esp 10 tables and 11 waiters) ...

-Vivek