26 May 2008

Lovable Chaos

I have never had such a long break from this blog. I simply didn't feel like writing anything. I can't say that I didn't have anything to write - just that I was a bit confused about which of the many topics to write.

Am I complaining a little too much in the blog here? Perhaps I am. I am blaming people, complaining, arguing and doing similar stuff. I guess, it reflects my state of mind. Things are changing drastically and some of the changes are not of my best interests. I even started complaining about the weather a lot (well, Munich weather is definitely not the best in the world; Still I shouldn't be complaining about such silly thing.)

Anyway, right now, I have gotten over all those troubles and have come out clean. Let me take you guys through a small little experience and to the title.Growing to the sky

On Saturday, I went to Hugendubel (Germany's Higginbothams - a large bookshop chain) to look for the German version of the well celebrated malayalam novel Chemmeen. I went around the bookshop. I took a book - "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" - the sixth best-selling-book of the week. I went up to the coffee shop, ordered one cappuccino and just read that book. It took about 4-5 hours to finish that 270 page book. By the time I finished it, I was feeling really good.

Once finished, I got up, bought the very book I finished and came home! :)

While reading, there was a person sitting at the next table. Once when he took a break, he started chatting with me. This guy was really polite and nice. After two minutes of conversation, we figured out - we both are doing PhD@TUM, we have a couple of common friends, he plans to go to India and he might want to talk more about it - later.

But that got me started talking about India. Something general and detailed; a lot about Kerala.. etc.

When I summed it up, this is what I told - "India is something which you can call - Lovable and Enjoyable Chaos". Well, that sounds like the best description I (or anyone) can give. Isn't it?

Signing off, Sands.

PS1: There is something peculiar about that book. I can't say it is great - but there is something special. Recommended as a good read.

PS2: The picture was taken yesterday - from my neighborhood.

PS3: Didn't get the book I was looking for.

1 comment:

SuperMus said...

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - sounds extremely interesting!