26 June 2006

Update, Complaint and Appreciation


Update
Chicken pox is over. I must have been very lucky to be back to normal in just a week's time. Till Tuesday evening there were new blisters coming. Then they started drying up. Now there are no active blisters. All of them are dried and even the marks will be gone in a couple of days. It feels very good to be recovered in a small time from a major disease. I proudly said to myself that my body faught very well :) [dont ask then How I got this illness first of all!!]

From today onwards I am back to office. (Not in bike, I use UBahn for this week)

Complaint
As mentioned, I went to office today. I am using version 1.5.0.4 of thunderbird and version 1.5.0.3 of firefox. Today morning I reached office at 9:15. Before it turned 9:50, both of these nice software crashed once each. There is nothing which bugs you up more than these kind of stuff. I was writing a mail which I lost a major portion because of the crash. In Firefox, I had some 7-8 tabs open which were important to me and I lost them all and had to get them again. I got pissed off - but was helpless. I was seriously thinking of getting back to MUTT - which I used to say "GODS OWN MAIL CLIENT".

And every crash of the applications I use, makes me like Ragesh Agrawal more and also makes me realize the importance of the work he did. He was the person who tested my code and used to file bugs (I don't want to give the number here). But that is what made the solution go like hot-cake.

Appreciation
I am not promoting M$ products. But if they are dominating the world, the reason is simple - M$ products works. I am using IE7-Beta for the past few months. I cannot recollect it crashing. For the past few days I am trying out Office-12 beta 2. Man, in simply rocks! There is nothing to compare to it. It was in the old days M$ products used to crash and hang so much. Now they are far better. The daily use software XP, Office, IE these are the main things I use - they tend to work quite well.

Just went to the apple site today, and was surprised to see the following there. The reason for loving a Mac-laptop should be WINDOWS? See the underlined thing in the picture. I found it funny anyway. Those who have QuickTime and good bandwidth can go to apple home page and see the ads. They are really very nice and makes fun of M$ well.

One more update: I got my iPod-Gen-5-Black-30GB on last Friday. Today I took it with me. The first impression says that I am going to fall in love with it. I have a small doubt about the life of the battery though.

Wanted to make the blog a small one and it went too long. Signing off.

Sands.

No comments: