21 September 2009

Two, Three, Similes and Words

Two's a company, three's a crowd.. so goes the idiom.

Saturday, I had best of both worlds. Started with watching a Tamil film in Munich with many friends around; then with two friends to the Oktoberfest - wonderful time.

It is hard to find people who don't bore you within an hour. Not many have new things to talk about for hours. Not many people are good at beating me when it comes to blabbering. ;)

After the fest, I and this friend (no-boring, talks more than I do) went to THE vegetarian restaurant, after 3 hours of non-stop walking, covering atleast a dozen kilometers and atleast a dozen different topics. Some people are just very nice. Hmm... well, we call them kindred spirits?

On a different note: Malayalam literature, and mallu conversations are filled with similes and metaphors - funny/serious/thought-provoking/pathetic/good/bad/weird, all types of them. Here are two for you, and I let you choose the adjectives for them ;)

  • Advising someone in love is like filling a punctured tyre. (or blowing a balloon with a hole)
  • Like the warmth stays on the chair after the person has gone, her memories stayed in his mind for ages after she left. (kitschy?/serious?)

Finally, something about a wordplay. Last week, I was trying to assign two adjectives to every person (girl) I know. And I came up with the following.

Bright and Strong; Cute and Sweet; Smart and Witty; Sweet and Caring; Intelligent and Understanding; Independent and Able; Gorgeous and Homely; Complex and Weird; Stupid and Arrogant.

After believing that I did a good job, I asked someone for two adjectives about me. The first one she said was "difficult". :p

I thought, I better stop asking than hear "arrogant", "pushy", etc. as the second one. :P

Signing off, Sands.

5 comments:

Arun said...

"Like the warmth stays on the chair..." - maybe it's just the pervert in me, but i would laugh at you if you ever started a sentence like that when i'm around ;)In doesnt have the poetic effect in english

and don't get me started on the adjectives for you...i got a long list.

Anonymous said...

Oktoberfest in September???!!!

Vivek.

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

@Arun...

Yeah... it doesn't sound the way it sounds in Mal.

and Thanks for that lovely adjectives. ;)

@Vivek...
Yes... it lasts till October and hence the name...

Smita said...

AH! so u had a nice time :)

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

Hey Smita..

Yes, I did have a good time.