24 March 2010

Poems, from my melancholy

FutureA few words for you my dear
To tell thoughts from my heart
The future looks so very unclear
Thinking of it pierces me like a dart

Unclear it may be, but I fear it not
And what I fear, that matters not
And you who matter, I have not
Will we be together, I know it not

For a long time in my life, I never dared to let feelings flow as they wished. It scared me to let me be in bad mood.

But now, raw feelings of passion, love and pain do easily engulf me and leave me helpless. Have you ever held your love in your arms, so close, so near… but knowing that it is not as close as you wish for – words which could describe that feeling don’t exist and never will.

Yeah, the feelings, especially in some situations, leave me helpless, but never hopeless.

They say, most men don’t ever get in good-terms with their emotional side. Fortunately, it seems, I don’t belong to the ‘most men’ category (not an overnight development, of course).

I am glad – so very glad. I believe, these experiences (experiments?) with life and feelings and emotions, make me a new and better man.

Anyway, above was just a set of rhyming lines by me. But below is a real good poem to capture my feelings – by Emily Dickinson.

If you were coming in the fall,
I'd brush the summer by
With half a smile and half a spurn,
As housewives do a fly.

UsIf I could see you in a year,
I'd wind the months in balls,
And put them each in separate drawers,
Until their time befalls.

If only centuries delayed,
I'd count them on my hand,
Subtracting till my fingers dropped
Into Van Diemen's land.

If certain, when this life was out,
That yours and mine should be,
I'd toss it yonder like a rind,
And taste eternity.

But now, all ignorant of the length
Of time's uncertain wing,
It goads me, like the goblin bee,
That will not state its sting.

Hmm.. I should get to my usual self. Not that I am not enjoying every moment now. But enjoying this melancholy won’t get my day’s work done.

Y’all have a great day!

Signing off, Sands.

PS: One never ceases to have great experiences in life. And, be wonderful or painful, they make the life worth living.

No comments: